ZMJ CFP: Fashion and Childhood
Fashion and Childhood
guest editors Roberto Farnè and Marcella Terrusi
ZoneModa Journal invites you to present proposals for a monographic issue on Fashion and Childhood. The relationship between fashion and childhood can be explored from a wide range of different perspectives; from its representations of children’s body and clothing, in literature, in illustrations and other types of media to historical or sociological reflections concerning history of school, education and fashion.
The editors of this ZoneModa Journal issue invite you to contribute to this reflection, aiming at constructing an inter-disciplinary discourse on the relationship between fashion and childhood.
We welcome contributions relating to the following fields of research:
- Childhood imaginary and culture (history of children’s literature, illustration, movies and games)
- Pedagogy of the child’s body and children’s clothing in the history of education and illustrations (i.e. history of school, sport and toys)
- History of fashion design for children between experiences and key figures
- Sociological perspectives on the places, markets and initiatives devoted to fashion in childhood and how this relationship is perceived and retold by various parties.
Abstracts of no more than 1000 words + 5 bibliographical references (word *.doc format), written either in Italian or English, are be sent to: email@example.com
Abstract acceptance does not garantee publication of the article, which will be submitted to a double-blind peer-review process.
Important cut-off dates:
- abstract submission : May 25, 2018
- notification of acceptance/rejection: June 15, 2018 (notice of acceptance might include comments and requests of explanations)
- full-length paper (6000/7000 words) submission: August 31, 2018
- comments of the reviewers will be conveyed together with the editor’s decision (approval with no changes, approval with major/minor changes and/or rejection) : September 30, 2018.
- authors shall send the reviewed article to the editorial staff by
October 31, 2018.
ZMJ9 is scheduled to be published by end 2018.